Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer

Well, it's officially summer. We now have a 3rd grader and a Kindergartner in the house!

Soccer came and went.
Little Man's team was the "White-Outs." They won 4 of 8 games.
Little Man didn't ever get a chance to score, but he still had a blast.
We had some minor issues this year with the coach getting suspended for telling off all the mom's and the ref's and the picture crew at one of the games. So we had to have a parent step up and take over. We never really bonded as a team, and didn't even have a party at the end of the season. I think we were all just ready to have it over.

(The label on his trophy is crooked and driving my OCD mind crazy! breathe... breathe... it doesn't matter...)

We got one week off and then we started Basketball. I figured, 'oh, it's summer, we don't have anything going on so we can put both boys in.' now my calendar looks like this:

looks like I have 3 days in the month of June that I don't have something written down, but they are Sunday's and I don't really pencil in church, so we have a busy couple of months ahead of us!

This has been the most amazing month of May, weather wise. It's been 70-80's most days. A few days have gotten into the 90's. We've spent so much time outside we are all already good and tan! We got a garden going and thanks to the weather everything has gotten good and tall and strong before the real heat of summer sets in. MAYBE I'll actually get to preserve something this year! Yay!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

He is getting tall! Soon he will be 8, and that is great!

Bryce said...

I thought Adrienne was the only crazy one that color codes her calander.