Friday, October 22, 2010

Another facebook note:

10/2007
Okay so my husband has been in training for the past 2 weeks, it's been down town with people from all over Arizona, most of whom are staying in hotels locally and party-ing it up while away from their families. They think they need to include my husband in this.. because why on earth would he want to go home to his family?? He has been asked to go drinking more times than he was ever asked in High School. There are a few people there that he works with in his office, they know he's Mormon and announced it to the whole training class, no big deal, but they all started asking him how "practicing" of a Mormon he was, like you can go to the bar with us and have a beer right? He's also been propositioned by one lady, and another lady started getting really close, laughing at his jokes and actually stroked his leg a couple of times. This lady actually asked what I do, Scott said, well she works in accounting, but really is a stay at home mom, to this she replied "Oh, so she's pretty boring then?" I can only guess where she was going with this. Thankfully, my husband came to my defense and said I'm very exciting! This one really ticked me off and I wanted to go kick the lady's trash until I was informed she's been a cop for the last 8 years... okay so I'll let it slide this time. He declined to go drinking Monday night, becuase we we're going to carve pumpkins as a family (he thankfully left out the "Family Home Evening" part, they'd have had a hey day with that one!) for that they asked if he could get any more "Brady bunch." So I'm saddened that the world thinks my husband is a nerd for wanting to spend time with his wife and children, angered that there are mormons out there that will go to the bar for just one beer, and basically I feel the need to make my home even more of a sanctuary against the world. Sad, huh?

4 comments:

SuperMommy said...

Wow. People. Just. Ugh, people. :(

Nancy said...

Scott is a wonderful example for your boys to follow. Also your girl, but I think boys especially need that.

Anonymous said...

I will admit, I had no idea anything about Mormons until I met Matt about three years ago. And I must say that the ones I know are the kindest, most caring people that I know. I don't think your husband is a nerd for wanting to spend time with his family. More people need to do that. A bunch of people I worked with when I worked at Godaddy would ask me daily if I wanted to come to the bar with them after work, but I was like no thanks I'd really rather not. Were you raised Mormon or did you convert when you were an adult? If you were raised that way, man that explains why you were so darn nice in high school! lol =)

S and RA Beazer said...

You folks are great. It's sad about the state of the world out there. Life is not about drinking and messing around. Good thing we know true joy is. Love you!!