Thursday, November 13, 2008

Here we go again...

We're potty training again today for a couple of reasons. One, this morning I said "Let's go get another BABY diaper" and Squirt said "Hey, I no baby!" So when I gave him the option of underwear or diaper he chose the underwear (after a serious internal struggle, he stood there staring for almost a whole minute, trying to decide) were on our second pair but that's okay.

Now, reason #2. Are you ready for this? I'm warning you, it's gross...
I was at work the other day (he comes with me) and he was off playing, when all of the sudden he brings me a diaper, covered in poop but with out any actual poop in it. So I scream and demand him to show me where the poop was, I shouldn't have asked, because he took me to the "play room" and showed me his art work, he had painted the door and carpet by the door with poop. I thought this was the worst it could get, but boy was I wrong. This happened the next day at work too. Then one day at home I'm cooking dinner and realize Squirt is being really quiet, I go into the living room, all of 6 feet from where I was cooking, and realize he is PAINTING MY SECTIONAL WITH POOP. Okay, this was worse... so I cleaned it up. Then it happened at work the next day and then at home again. This time I found him in the corner in his room, shoved between a book shelf and a toy box. He had smeared poop over probably 20 toys, the wall, the carpet, the bookshelf... I had to scrub the toys, the ones that were electronic don't work anymore. This time Daddy helped clean him up, apparently I'm not firm enough, because it might have gotten thru his thick little head. It happened one more time. He came to me and said "I pooped" so I went to check his diaper and realized he didn't have one on, but he had pants on. So I told him to show me where his diaper was, he then took me to the bathroom and pointed to the garbage, he had actually taken it off and thrown it away. So then I went in his room and realized there was a little bit of poop on his closet door, it kindof seemed like he started to make a mess and then realized that he wasn't supposed to so he threw it away and came and got me. That was 5 days ago. He hasn't done it since. Now don't you just want to come visit me knowing that??

8 comments:

{krista} said...

Ew, I knew there was a reason I couldn't make it down for Bryan's wedding! LOL That's just nasty. Good luck getting him trained, I hope it goes quickly and is finger paint free!

NatalieHemingway said...

Oh Julia, I feel for you. We had a "painting" incident ONE time with Grayson. That was enough. Good luck with the potty training.

Robins Fam said...

It's a good thing we love our kids. Otherwise I don't think they'd live past the age of 3 days! I hear it gets worse before it gets better...but I can't believe that or else I wouldn't make it through the day! Good luck!

aftonini said...

Julia, this is Afton. I've heard the story of the poopie painting all my life. It get's a little old by the time you are in your teens. I have always said, it's a good thing that the good Lord didn't sent me a kid just like me (as my mom vindictivly wished for me)because I would have killed it. You are a lot more patient than I would have been. NOT THAT I REALLY WOULD HAVE KILLED MY CHILD, but I would have chucked the training and duck tapped that diaper on him!

JT42 said...

ok, that is gross! i sure hope my kids don't do that...i am so sorry you had to experience that, so not fun! good luck the 2nd time around

Our Pease Pod said...

Wow-that was gross-you poor girl. When he's a famous artist some day you'll look back on this and laugh, right? Good luck with the potty training-I always thought that was the messy part.

Robyn said...

Ahhh! Nadja did that when she was little too!! I am SO sorry you have to go through that. Good luck with the potty training!

Nancy said...

I just don't know about Tanner.
But we are still excited to be there for Christmas and see all of you guys.
I finally found out how to do this.