Thursday, June 12, 2008

To go along with my last post...

This happened the day after the "damn" incident. Somebody cut me off and I mumbled "stupid idiot" and from the back of the car I hear "Mommy, heavenly father doesn't like us to use those words." Thank you child of mine!


In other news, I've been potty training for the last 3 days, really potty training this time, this is really not fun. I bought him "big boy" underware, which he is very excited to wear. The first day was rough, the kid was peeing every 10 minutes. So I set the timer for 7 minutes and thought I'll catch him this time, and ... he pee'd at 5 minutes. I'm more thankful for my "pergo" floors more now than ever. He won't tell me when he needs to go, but he'll tell me "uh-oh, I poopy!" (poopy is the only potty word he knows so it covers all areas!) It is really cute though because he get's so excited when he does it right, and of course he get's candy! Last night was so funny though, Scott had to go to mutual and when he left Tanner was standing in the middle of the floor crying so hard for "Daddy" then all the sudden he just let a flood loose on the floor, poor kid just couldn't control himself, and then his wailing changed to "I poopy, I poopy" It was so sad. I'm going to hang in there, I know it'll get better, frankly I only have more pack of diapers left and don't want to buy more!

5 comments:

JT42 said...

poor guy, that is no fun to have an accident because your sad...good luck, i've been trying to potty train too, just not as agressively and it's tough business, no matter the approach.

Genny said...

How absolutely pitifully cute! Also enjoyed your last post!! ha ha ha ha

S and RA Beazer said...

You should have let Great Grandma Dial have a turn with him when you were up here. She took care of my baby in on day. It was great.
Keep trying, you'll succeed.

Train Gang said...

Tanner is so cute. he will get it...and if he doesn't, he can try to beat simi's record and we can see who takes the longest. It was so cute to see him giving away all of his treats to friends today. what a sweetie.

Our Pease Pod said...

Too much fun-huh? My kids (and my husband) all think it would be fun to get a dog-maybe when I'm done cleaning up messes from the kids I will consider it.

I love your blog-what a great fam!!!