Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas- is it over yet?

Do you ever feel like the spirit of Christmas is just lost? I tried to get my shopping done early, I feel like I did okay there, but I wanted to try to be a little more spiritual this year. First off, I have a book that has a story, scripture, and song for each night of December. Basically December 1st was a failure. Squirt was crying, Little Man was trying to talk, then when told to be quiet- he continued to talk just in a whisper, Hubbie was ready while yelling at Little Man, I was trying to rock Squirt on my hip to keep from crying, basically everyone was feeling stress! December 2nd came along and the whole house went "not that book again!" So that idea crashed and burned on the first night.

Then there is the whole christmas candy thing. We make chocolates, I don't really have a clue how to do it, I'm just man power to help. Normally we do this around Thanskgiving so that we can give them as gifts early. Well for several different reasons that didn't happen this year. We're doing some today, I'm also trying to make suckers for a relief society thing, that could be a blog in and of it self! What a hassle.

Then there is Little Man, I thought- wouldn't it be fun to let him pick out a present for his little brother. He was very excited as well! It took him about 15 seconds in the toy isle to lose his focus. I literally ended up yelling at him in Walmart because all I was hearing was "I want this... I want that... Can I have this..." etc. And basically he bought a toy for Tanner that "I can play with too, right??"

I just feel like I don't have time to focus on the spirit of christmas becuase I have a million things to do and becasue all I'm hearing is "I wants". It's annoying.

1 comment:

Bryce said...

HAHA! Adrienne and I went to Sommerset Mall the other day and I think I came away alittle more worldly. It is way to easy to forget that christmas is all about santa....I mean Christ:)