Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The craziest conversation yet...

While driving in the car yesterday we had this conversation:

Little Man: "Mom, Dad says were going to get an SUV, what kind are we going to get?"
Me: "We are a long ways off from getting an SUV, so I have no idea what kind"
LM: "Well Dad wants an Escape or an Expedition, can those pull things?"
Me: "Probably"
LM: "Good cause dad says we're also going to get a trailer"
Me: "Like I said we are a long ways off from that"
LM: "I know, will the trailer be a pop up or a regular trailer?"
Me: "Probably a pop up"
LM: "Oh good, will it have 3 beds or 4?"
Me (getting just a touch annoyed): "I have no idea, I'll worry about that when the time comes"
Squirt then pipes up: "NO, I WANT A BABY!"
Me: "Squirt, we're talking about trailers, not babies"
Squirt: "I know, but I want a baby"
Me: "What do you want another baby for?"
Squirt: "Cause I love babies, we need 2 babies, I'll play with Ladybug..."
LM: "Oh, yeah! And I'll play with Molly"
Me: "Who the heck is Molly?"
LM: "Thats just the name I made up, but you could name her what ever you want, you know what would be awesome mom? if you went to the doctor and nobody else went with you, not even me, or squirt or ladybug or daddy, and then you came home and you ran in the door and you yelled "I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY! (said with dramatic wide arms) That would be seriously awesome"

Fortunately, we had just arrived at our destination and they got distracted. These two sure can day dream!

5 comments:

Hailee said...

Ha Ha Ha! You better get started!

S and RA Beazer said...

I love it, from SUV's to babies. Now would be a good time to get that last baby started (I suspect you would consider if you could guarantee it was another sister for the boys. You have such cute kids.

Gramps said...

How funny! They have some big ideas of what they want.
We could always use more grandkids, I vote for that one!

Train Gang said...

awesome! Those boys are hilarious. Don't you love the names kids come up with for their siblings. Molly is a good one. Simi told me she wants me to have boy and girl twins next and she REALLY wants to name them Mary and Joseph...she thought that was such a wonderful idea.

Dan & Brittany said...

That's the funniest conversation ever! You're kids are hilarious! Miss you guys!