Saturday, January 29, 2011

I've been pondering...

or maybe I'm just being extra emotional, or maybe they just keep playing that Trace Adkins song "You're gonna miss this" on the radio (do you know the one I'm talking about?). I'm just in a good mood today and want to just eat my children up, I love them so much.

So this year...

Ladybug is going to turn 1! Like in 3 days. I'm in shock. How did this happen? She's done a lot of crying lately, because another tooth is so close to coming in. (which will make a whopping 2!) She's already trying to walk and when I googled something about her age it called her a TODDLER! What the ... ?!??!


Then Squirt is going to turn 5, and start Kindergarten. My little baby boy is now talking to me in such full complete sentences, with such big words I feel like I'm talking to a 12 year old sometimes. It's just sad. He can also snap back to his 4 year old self and throw a tantrum of mass proportions at the drop of a hat. He also just informed me that it's time to have another baby. Umm, what?

Then Little Man is going to turn 8, and get Baptized. This is a double "What the... ?!??!" Where did the last 8 years go, I would like to know. This boy has developed a lot of passion lately. He can slam his door as good as any 16 year old I know!


I am about to turn 30. Although I am actually excited for what my 30's will bring, I'm left wondering where my 20's went.


And Hubbie is going to turn 33, which is nothing special, at all, except we all get to make fun of him for being an old man! (isn't he cute, posed all GQ)

Lately, we are trying to focus on just enjoying the moment. Just enjoying the crying, the tantrums, and the attitude. Because we are gonna miss it. I'm gonna wake up and another 10 years of marriage will be gone and I'll have teenagers. Think I'll still want to eat them up at that point? I'm not sure :/

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, enjoy the moment because before you know it they will all be gone and have their own families.

The Prices said...

It hits me when I think of another 10 years of marriage going by and having teens! It just doesn't seem possible and then I look back at how the past 10 disappeared and how not so long ago I thought my children would never be in school!

Train Gang said...

8 years old!!?? how can that be!!! It seems like HE was the one just in Kindergarten. that is so wonderful and exciting and sad that these kids grow up so fast. now I know why my mom was always so weepy.

SuperMommy said...

I remember wondering why the heck old people always said things like 'they grow so fast', or other like comments. Now I know.
Wow! They grow SO FAST!