Sunday, July 22, 2012

Big Lake- Day 1

 Somewhere in the White Mountains of Arizona (about 5 hours from here) is a lake called "Big Lake" - creative right?  Since our favorite spot near Big Lake burned down, we went with the next best thing. And I was pleasently surprised to find Flush toilets and running water! Can camping get any better?

Scott had the fabulous idea to leave at 4am. His theory was that all the kids would stay asleep. Ya, that didn't happen this time. So, we're all awake at 4am, and driving each other crazy during a 5 hour drive.  After we got camp all set up, I wasn't surprised to find this:



Scott had some fun building this "Corn Hole" game.   Tanner kicked butt, until I started keeping score, then he started changing the rules on me. You should google the game, it was easy to make and alot of fun!
 






Say "cheese".  This little girl LOVED the forrest!







And of course, we had to have a campfire!

We were all exhausted by bedtime! Unfortunatly, the stars were not inline for us to sleep this night. For starters Sienna was so excited to be in her own sleeping bag, that she took turns hopping from bed to bed. Then she ended up in our bed, by Scott, then by Me, then she wanted her back rubbed, then her feet rubbed. Finally she fell asleep and I moved her to her bed, then she fell off the air mattress, and I found her asleep on the tent floor. I woke her up trying to put her back in, so then I layed her by Scott and tried to sleep in her sleeping bag, then she tried to find me again, and we both slept in her sleeping bag. If that wasn't bad enough, our neighbors were leaving in the morning and had alot of alcohol to consume before they left. I have no idea when they stopped partying, but at about the time they did, a car alarm started and went of every 10 minutes for the rest of the night! It was exhausting- and then the crows woke up with the sun, waking up anyone that might have fallen asleep. The next morning, when the car alarm went off again, the whole camp ground started yelling. Aparantly, I wasn't the only person having trouble that night!


To be continued...............

2 comments:

Nancy said...

It sounds like you had so much fun. I love all the pictures, especially the one of Scott and Sienna asleep in the hammock.

Nancy said...

Can't wait for your next one!