Friday, September 9, 2011

Marriage... A sacred institution

I think it's probably a sign of a good marriage if your little children want to get married. (Of coarse, my boys want to live with me forever, what does that say about my marriage?)

Yesterday, I was watching a cute little 2 1/2 year old. This was our conversation at about lunch time: (well, what I could understand of it anyway)
She said: "Where's little man?"
I said: "He's at school"
"So he can't be my friend today?"
"He can be your friend when he gets home from school"
"He'll be my friend when he gets home? Ok... Little Man is going to marry me."

And she walked away.

He also has a 5 year old girl, who walked up to Hubbie when he was Home Teaching and very seriously said "I need to know if it would be ok if I marry Little Man?" Hubbie said sure and she walked away, with a "good, check that off the list of things to do" attitude.
  • Play with dolls- check
  • Make cookies with mom- check
  • Arrange husband for the future- check

I think the funniest things was later that night when Little Man, very seriously came to me and was like "Um, Mom? I really don't want to marry {said little girls}"

I told him he didn't have to worry about who he was going to marry for a good long time, and he headed off to bed, with obviously relief on his face.

That type of pressure is just a little bit more than my sweet 8 year old can handle!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, he doesn't need to worry about that. Sometimes even girls start to worry about that wayyyy too soon.
That is one thing you kids never did talk about when you were little.

The Leiths said...

hahahahhaha too cute.