Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference...

This weekend was conference.
Saturday I had to work. Didn't hear a word of it, but I did record it with some really good intentions.
This is what our sunday was like:
AM session, I let my boys go outside to play, I had a hose slowing running to water my bushes at the same time. I soon realized they were playing in it. Little Man got his school shoes all muddy and messy. I WAS PISSED. So I had to go out and soak them with water, getting myself all muddy and messy. I WAS MORE PISSED and then I stepped on a stick and got it stuck IN MY TOE, so I was covered in blood and mud. I WAS SCREAMING AND CUSSING I WAS SO PISSED.
So let's hope the PM session goes better:
It didn't start off well, when I had to turn off their movie to turn on the session and Squirt replied "Oh Mom, don't tuwn on the Pwophet again!"
After I'd asked for the millionth time for them to just quiet down a little, I finally snapped and just screamed it. Little Man got all full of attitude and told me to be quiet. (Imagine the hands on hips, face full of defiance, teenager look.) I promptly told him to go to his room. Which he did: he slammed his door, started throwing stuff and kicking the wall and then turned his music (his fisher-price "Animal Songs" music) on full blast just to piss me off. When I said in my last post that I realized I'd have teenage boys soon, I didn't think it'd be quiet this soon.

How was your conference weekend? Sure hope you got more out of it then me.

5 comments:

{krista} said...

Hmmm.... I think your conference sunday was quite pissy.... luckily, your kids will grow and they won't always be little stinkers on conference weekend!

S and RA Beazer said...

Yes, they will grow into teenagers and they won't throw a fit because you want to watch conference because they will already be in their rooms hoping you won't notice they aren't sitting by your side. Good luck.

The Prices said...

We spent conference weekend cleaning and repairing the house in Utah...it was an atrocious mess!

JT42 said...

so sorry. it's a struggle to have "church" at home let alone in the chapel...
now that teenager attitude you're talking about...sorry to say, but girls are born like that!!
download the talks on your ipod or mp3 or something then you can listen on your own time. good luck

SuperMommy said...

JT has the right idea! ipod, bathtub, ahhh! They will get better, just hang in there. I thought I was doing good and saw lots, but every time someone talks about what they liked, etc...I don't remember that part! lol.